"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Monday, November 15, 2010

Spiders headed to NCAAs

It's official- the Richmond men's cross country team qualified for the NCAA national championships!
(Photo by Sue Llano)

Things were looking good Saturday, beating Louisville and Virginia was pretty significant, but to finally see it in black and white from the NCAA is just so invigorating. Now I just have to get Monday off of work so I can go. After checking last year's results from the Tuckahoe 5k, it turns out I broke the course record by 1:17. That still doesn't make running 17:15 okay... I took an incredible four-hour nap after the regionals results came in. I watched three hours of the Wire and went back to bed.

I woke up and headed to Hains Point to watch the GRC guys race the Veterans' Day 10k. With my breakless bike, I headed to the tidal basin bridge, then to near the turnaround, and back to watch the finish. Wiggy, Texas Paul, Outlaw and Perverted Justice all ran good sub-32 times. I went home and headed out for my long run, what has become my standard Vienna loop. I averaged 6:28 for the first 10 miles, and felt great, then started to dry out after 12. When I got to 16, I stopped and walked the rest of the way in. Sooner or later I will realize I have to take time off after a marathon, but it's going to be later....

My throat is hurting constantly now, and I can't wait to have these tonsils removed. Sleep hasn't been great, either, aside from my Saturday nap.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some awesome nicknames. Do they have one just as cool for you?

    ReplyDelete