"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nike+ Powersong Zone!

The dress rehearsal went splendidly. Three miles at about marathon pace on the track. I was shooting for 5:40s, I ended up going a little faster than 5:36 for each. I was barely breathing and felt stronger with each step. I feel like the taper is starting to work- I am not feeling as lazy and I'm fighting for every chance I have to rest. My nervous energy built up a little bit after the dress rehearsal because I was 3/26 there, but I am pretty sure the race is going to be a lot more fun than running around the dark track at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School.
Dickson has been upgraded to active, which is fantastic.
I am ready to run this like the 2007 Spring Thaw- my first 10 mile race, when I just went out with a pack and just settled into a good pace to cover ground and turn it into a five mile race, at which point I blew it open in the second half.
Murphy and I talked about the Nike+ Powersong Zone, the 24 mile mark where some godawful DJ will be playing All Star, Tubthumping or We Will Rock You. We started postulating what song we would like to hear with 2.2 miles to go. I thought for a while and came up with the answer on my Thursday run (6.25 miles at 6:25 pace, I am absolutely struggling to keep it slow)- Styx's Renegade.

No comments:

Post a Comment