"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A little thirsty

I ran an easy 7.4 total Wednesday evening, part of which with Melissa around the Tidal Basin.

I have added onto my medium long run, making it 13 miles, so I had to make some adjustments to my run to work route. never a fan of too much of the W&OD, I cut the first two-mile stretch and instead headed down Park and Columbia to Falls Church Park, then took W&OD to the Custis Trail. I felt amazing as I started out, with no knee pain and more morning energy than I can remember having. I started out a little too fast, as a result, hitting the mile mark at 5:59. I eased up, while still pushing a little bit, though there was not much shade and it was sunny. I got pretty thirsty. Then my sentences became short and choppy. The rolling hills were nice, though I had to worry about bikers squeezing through while going pretty fast. Running along the sound-absorbing wall next to I-66 makes me feel like I am going much faster, because of the vertical contours to the wall. Rather than take the Key Bridge as was my routine when I got to Rosslyn, I took the Mt. Vernon trail to the Roosevelt Bridge, over to the Kennedy Center then along the Rock Creek Trail to the Lincoln Memorial, down to the Capitol along Constitution and up First to my office. 13.1 miles, 1:22: 43, well faster than the Pittsburgh Half.

No comments:

Post a Comment