"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Monday, February 14, 2011

The wind, OH, the WIND!

My slight illness continued Saturday, so I just turned off my alarm and slept until I woke up on my own. Oops, now it's 12:30.
It's long run week, and I ended up pushing pretty hard last time, so I tried to keep things slow, perhaps around 6:40, but that just didn't happen. Despite trying noticeably to slow down on the uphills, I came through seven miles at close to six minute pace, and didn't slow much. As I came to 57 minutes, I decided to keep it up until I hit Irvin, the loop's eponymous road marking the 10 mile point. I made it in 1:01:39- just under 6:10 per mile. It was kind of silly to keep that up, because I clearly wasn't as healthy as I could have been. I jogged a mile and went back to regular running for five more miles and finished averaging 6:35 pace. It was overcast in the low-to-mid 50s, and some of the nicest weather I had seen in a while.
Monday was even warmer, 67 by the time I ran around 2, but incredibly windy. I extended the Catholic loop once again, to 11 miles, and averaged 6:44, but was blown around the entire time. On the way back, coming down H street past Union Station, the wind was so brutal it pushed me off of the sidewalk. I was kind of stunned for the next hour after I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment