"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Doubling for 8.5 miles....

I hitched a ride with Dave Burnham to Ashburn to watch the Van Metre five mile race. He, Klim and Dirk were running, and I planned to bike around, take pictures and generally encourage them. I didn't see how I was going to get my 8.5 miles in to finish my 80 mile week in the morning. I did about 2.5-3 miles of a warmup with them around bland developments with no trees. Though Karl's scratch left us with an extra bib and an opportunity for me to race, I didn't want to a. sully Karl's reputation with a 27 minute five mile or b. experience pain. So, I biked. It was windy when I got going, and I wish I had gloves. Dirk surged to the lead and dueled with an Ethopian until the lanky Dutchman put him away down the stretch. Jake followed them up with a 27 second PR in third, and Dave got his legs used to racing again in sixth. Gretchen ended up finished third in the women's race, so the GRCers cleaned up pretty well.
After a 3.5 hour nap, I ran a Park Ave six-mile loop. I doubled to get 8.5 miles... Turrible....

No comments:

Post a Comment