"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I just realized how recently I ran hard

Tim Aldinger (known to some as Tom Aldridge) is in DC for the week, and has some time to hang out tonight, so I decided to get my run out of the way by running to work. The 12-mile route is gradually downhill, so I figured gravity would do a lot of work while I tried to wake up. A half mile in, my left patella started hurting like crazy, so I stretched out a little more and took it easier. I realized three miles in that since it was just about 7:50, I was pretty much just finishing my workout 12 hours prior. My fatigue started to make sense.
It wasn't a terribly interesting run, just along the W&OD and Custis trails and through the city. I averaged exactly 7:00 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment