"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Relaxing is hard

I gave easy running a try on Monday, and found I didn't much like it. I had hoped to wake early and double, but fatigue from my afternoon long run carried over and made it hard to get up. I ran a Presidents' loop in the afternoon, which I erroneously thought to be 10 miles. It was 10.7, turning what I thought to be a 7:20 pace into 6:50.
Tuesday I got out of work early and arrived home at about 4:30, but was exhausted, so I laid down to take a quick nap. When I woke a few minutes later, I set off to run 5 miles west on the W&OD trail and then come back. I was at 6:30 pace at 2.6 miles, so I did as much as I could to hit the brakes. The number of bikers and walkers on the trail helped, as did my general feeling of awfulness that increased as I forced myself to slow down. I finally met my goal when it was over of 7:13 pace. It's not quite 7:20 or 7:30, but hopefully it was good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment