"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Modest reinvigoration

I planned to get up at 6:45, take the Metro into the city, cheer for the GRC running the Jingle all the Way 10k, plus Marley, then run around the city. Unfortunately, little goes as well as I plan it at 2:15 the night before. When I woke up, I heard a a driving rain, checked the temperature (33 degrees) and gave up on it. Thankfully, I had only met two of the GRC team members running that race and I'll see Marley next week, so I don't think anyone was that torn up about my decision to sleep in. That did leave me, however, needing to run later in the day. Luckily, Alex was willing to put in a solid LaMarr Woodley. We handled the loop at 6:52 pace- decent, compared to yesterday's athletic miscarriage. I relented and wore tight running pants, and thanked myself, because there was still a strong freezing rain, but luckily no problems with the road. I felt a lot better after the run, too, and enjoyed some delicious egg rolls. They weren't from the Sichuan House, but you can't always get what you want, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment