"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Friday, December 18, 2009

Re-ganking


I had a dream last night where people talked about how dumb it was to think about running before work. Sure enough, I woke up at 6:15 and that dream made a lot of sense when I check the 24 degree temperature , so I guess I'll just be hitting 45 miles this week. Things could be worse...

I took an awful lot to work with me today, including items for the office food drive and a bottle of Courvoisier as a gift for Jason's Christmas party tomorrow night. After dropping off the bag of food in the kitchen, I returned to my office. While reorganizing my backpack, I realize the Courvoisier was gone and figured out I put it in the bag I left for the food drive, along with the cornbread I made for the GRC holiday party. When I returned to the kitchen, a group was having coffee and I realized how bad it would have looked to take a bottle of cognac out of a donation bin, regardless of who placed it in there. I walked laps around the office while I waited to the kitchen to be clear so I could reclaim my mistaken submissions. I managed to slip the bottle into my pocket and the cornbread was wrapped in aluminum foil, so it was clearly not intended for a food drive, but I still didn't want to be caught re-ganking a bottle of booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment