"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Monday, February 22, 2010

Despite the loss of feeling in my extremities, I still prefer rain to snow

I didn't wake up before work to run, so my hopes of doubling were squashed. Then Melissa canceled our evening trot because it was supposed to rain, so I set out from my office after work to get in 10 miles around the Mall and Hains Point. The drizzle didn't seem so bad as I worked my way counterclockwise around the mall, but once I got to Hains Point, the deluge was constant. I rushed the run, having little shelter from trees, no long pants and no gloves. I had a pretty solid pace for a while until I hit a red light at 14th street and had to wait for a minute to cross. I ended up averaging 6:15 for 10 miles which made sense, given the flat loop and my haste to get in from the rain.
If nothing else, the rain helped expedite the snow melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment