"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day 4

Relatively boring. I ran 6:40 pace for 5.5 out and back on Park and Columbia in the morning, took a three hour nap then ran a 5.7 mile loop with Alex in the evening. It was mostly on dry roads, and after being cautious all week with my footing I was excited to let loose and Alex was kind enough to indulge me. I had a great time climbing some hills and forgot I was surrounded by snow, until I crossed the bridge over I-66 and stepped in a pothole full of water. That shook me out of my pleasant cocoon and reminded me, rather violently, that I was running part of my first 75 mile week in almost six months. Then I got really tired. Then a guy forced me into a snowbank with his car, so I punched the rear window. A few seconds later, he emerged from his car to chase me. For a few seconds, I sped up, wondering if I could keep him out of his car long enough for the light to turn green and for him to mess up the flow of traffic. Then I decided to have some fun, and abruptly turned around and ran right at him. That changed his attitude, and we both went back on our ways. Luckily for me, he didn't know I have never been in a fight.

1 comment:

  1. "Then a guy forced me into a snowbank with his car, so I punched the rear window."

    YES!

    ReplyDelete