"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Monday, February 15, 2010

Saying goodbye to the old normal

Tuesday I go back to a regular work schedule, which I haven't had in 12 days. I planned to try to emulate a normal schedule, but once I woke up and saw it was 14 degrees at 7:30, I decided to embrace the freedom that a day off gave me and skip my plans to run from the Line. I slept in until 9:30 and later went off on a 6.1 mile loop, mainly a Pimmit 6, with a few modifications, at about 6:45 pace. More ice, in fact, most of the northward trip through Pimmit Hills was icy.
I took a nap and at 5 went out with Alex for a classic Park 6, though it was a little shorter today, 5.9. Alex said on the way back we were inching close to six minute pace, which I was happy with. Not much ice on that loop, except for the trail and stretch through Falls Church Park.
Back to work tomorrow, but I have 27 miles is so far this week.
No more naps...

No comments:

Post a Comment