"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Friday, January 8, 2010

Boring out and back, with snow and ice

I planned to run 8 with Alex when I got home Thursday, but I fell asleep somewhere underground on the Metro ride home and woke up feeling awful, so I nixed the run and took the day off. That meant I was risking my 8 miles the next day with the predicted snow, but at that point I wasn't about to argue.
My plans to run before work were quashed by my inability to wake up, so I ended up running after work, in the snow and ice and cold, heading east on the W&OD Trail. I wore a wind jacket, which was a poor choice, because two miles in I was sweating like crazy. I ditched it and ran to the turnaround at Wilson Boulevard and back, picked it up, and sweated like crazy on the way back. I ran 6:40 pace for 8 miles, but it wasn't pleasant, given the uneven snow atop uneven ice. I'm glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment