"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Workouts in the dark

I had a partially good, partially bad workout at Bethesda-Chevy Chase's track Wednesday night. I eskewed the GRC short distance workout for a Steve Taylor classic- 20-10. 20 minutes hard, 10 minutes easy, 10 minutes harder. Chuck was also not feeling up for the short workout, so he accompanied me for a while for the tempo. I started with a 5:50, then worked my way down the next two miles to 5:40 and 5:30 and slowed down for the last two laps to around 5:45 pace. The 10 minutes easy was five laps, then I started the 10 minutes with my legs not quick back beneath me, but I was on 5:20 pace, until the end of the third lap when I just didn't see myself holding it together. I had a short cooldown and totalled 10 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment