"It's a little self indulgent..." - My mom
"After I read a sentence, I get mad at myself for caring what you're doing." -Karl Dusen

Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm gettin' jacked, I'm breakin' myself, I can't believe they taking Charlie's health

I planned to do a six-mile tempo on the track at George Mason HS next door on Wednesday, but after warming up and running to the stadium, I found the facility locked. Oh, piddles! I ended up just tacking on an eight-mile Hollywood loop instead to get 10.


Thursday, I ran the 8.2-mile loop around the Mall and Mt. Vernon trail that Laura introduced me to, but first I warmed up with five minutes on an exercise bike in my office's gym. It helped immensely, and I didn't feel any pain.

The hip/thigh issue doesn't seem to be getting worse, and does bother me so much, so I am feeling good about that. What I am not enjoying is a general feeling of being worn down. I resolved to get a good night sleep every day this week, but I have failed spectacularly. By Friday morning I am a human wasteland. I planned to run to work on Friday, and left clothes and toiletries in the office, but when I woke up at 6:45, I barely managed to reset my alarm for an hour later. Suffice to say, the run didn't happen.

Tonight, after I run eight miles around Falls Church or McLean, I will sleep until I wake up, uninterrupted by an alarm. Hopefully that will help things, at least for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment